For all of you busy moms, especially now that school is starting , here is a great treat OR breakfast that’s easy to make and delicious.
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 scoop or 1/2 cup of whey protein (I used Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard whey protein)
- 2 1/2 tbs. ground flax
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup Craisins
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare an 8×8 or 7×11 baking pan by using either baking spray or wax paper. Set Aside
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients; oatmeal, protein powder, ground flax, ground cinnamon, cocoa powder, and salt. And set aside.
- In another bowl mix wet ingredients; peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract, almond milk. Mix until fully combined. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until fully combined. Fold in Craisins.
- Pour into prepared pan, using your hands or spatula evenly distribute the mixture.
- Bake for 18 – 20 mins
- Remove from oven and let cool 20-30 min before cutting.
For those of you who don’t love Craisins there are SO many other options – chocolate chips, DARK chocolate chips (YUM), pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds, coconut flakes, and much much more. 🙂