Ian’s favorite cookies!
* 1 Cup(s) (2 stick), softened
* 3/4 Cup(s) firmly packed brown sugar
* 1/2 Cup(s) granulated sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 Teaspoon(s) vanilla
* 1-1/2 Cup(s) all-purpose flour
* 1 Teaspoon(s) baking soda
* 1 Teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
* 1/2 Teaspoon(s) salt (optional)
* 3 Cup(s) Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
* 1 Cup(s) dried cranberries
* 1 cup white chocolate chips
* ½ – 1 cup of chopped Walnuts (I chopped mine finely – so people who didn’t like walnuts wouldn’t know they were in there.)
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats, white chocolate chips, dried cranberries and walnuts; mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonful’s onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
VARIATION: Substitute 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or candy-coated chocolate pieces or raisins for dried cranberries; omit cinnamon. HIGH ALTITUDE ADJUSTMENT: Increase flour to 1-3/4 cups and bake as directed.
Be careful when using Flour – may lead to large and slippery messes.
When people do fall make sure you are not the first person they see laughing.