Peanut butter is the GLUE that holds my life together.
2 cups – butter, softened
2 cups – peanut butter (plus one tablespoon for snacking while baking)
2 cups – brown sugar
1 ½ cup – granulated sugar
2 tsp. – vanilla
4 eggs, room temperature
3 cups – flour
4 tsp. – baking soda
4 tsp. – cornstarch
2 tsp. – salt
2 cups – finely blended oatmeal (I just put 2 cups oatmeal in a blender)
- Preheat Oven to 350º F
- In a medium bowl whisk together baking soda, cornstarch, salt, oatmeal and flour
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter, peanut butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix thoroughly
- On a low speed, slowly add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Roll into 2 tbsp. balls and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 – 15 mins or until just barely browned on the bottom
- Let cookies rest for a minute before moving to a cooling rack